The Information We Collect
We collect, use and store information to provide you a better overall experience and present you with the most relevant products and ads possible. When you use the Service you provide us with three types of information: (i) information you submit via the Service, (ii) information regarding your use of the Service collected by us as you interact with the Service and (iii) information from other sources. Personal information may include, among other things, any of the following:
· Information you submit via the Service
· Through the registration process you may provide us with your name, company affiliation, email address, telephone number, physical address, and other information that may be requested during the registration process on the Site.
· If you wish to create an account that requires payment of a fee, or use services offered via the Site that require payment of a fee, a valid credit card number or other payment information may be required. By submitting your payment information, you authorize Bau to access and use this information in order to provide you with and accept payment for the Service.
· When you use the Service you may submit information and content to your Profile, send messages, perform searches, submit reviews, and otherwise transmit information to other Users. We store this information and registration information so that we can provide you the Services and offer personalized features.
· Information we get from your use of the Service
· When you enter the Site, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all Bau visitors.
· When you download and use our Mobile Software, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or "UDID").
· We store certain information from your browser using “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. We also use persistent cookies to remember sign-in status, coupon availability, search preferences, and Space origination information so that you do not have to enter it again the next time you visit.
· Our third party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content, advertising and marketing on our site as well as off our site
· While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We may use analytics to track responses from third-party ads such as search engines and social networks.
· We use analytics tools like Google Analytics and Pingdom to track application usage, performance, and availability as well as your response to Bau content, ads and placements, including on search engines and social networks.
· We may, either directly or through third parties we partner with, track your interaction with the Service and ads on the site and off the site for the purposes of Bau customer support, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance and investigation.
· Your location may be tracked on our web site and Mobile Software. You consent to the collection, transmission or other use of this information.
· Information from other sources, public and private.
· If you sign up for Bau using your social media account, link your Bau account to your social media account, or use other Bau social media features, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with the provider’s policies.
We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content.
Bau does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for Bau or send any information about you to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on Bau. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a minor under 18 using Bau Services, please contact us at [email protected]
Use of Information Obtained by Bau
We use the information we collect from our services to enable your access to our products, enhance our products, protect the site and our customers, and to offer tailored content, like more relevant search results and ads.
Once you register with Bau, you may create your Profile. Your Profile and contact information are displayed to Hosts at spaces at which you make or request reservations.
We may also send you service-related announcements and marketing communications on the site, across other websites, and through email. Examples include promotions, new product/service messages, ads for the service and partner offers. Generally, you may opt out of such emails by following the unsubscribe option included in each email; however, Bau reserves the right to send you account-related notices such as reservation confirmation emails even if you opt out of all marketing-related emails.
Bau provides push notifications for upcoming and ending reservations. To turn off push notifications, please edit your personal settings on your device.
Profile information and your reservation activity is used by Bau primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the Service and to be presented to Hosts. The amount of such information presented to Hosts is limited to your name, avatar, email, reservation, and billing information associated with the Host’s space you reserve.
Bau may use non-identifiable aggregate data (based partly on IP addresses) collected through the Service to analyze Service usage and system performance. Such data may be used by Bau and shared with third parties in any manner.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
Bau may choose to provide information about the Host and the Host’s Spaces to other Users and to the public by providing such information on public areas of the Site (“Public Information”). Public Information consists of information that is submitted to Bau and posted by you on areas of the Site intended to be accessible to other Users and/or the public, such as Space descriptions. Public information does not include information you submit to us but do not post on areas of the Site accessible by other Users and/or the public, such as billing and payment information (“Non-Public Information”).
· We may provide Non-Public Information to service providers who help us bring you the services we offer, such as hosting the service at a co-location facility, sending email updates about Bau, removing repetitive information from our User lists, processing payments, or to provide search results or links. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your Non-Public Information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any of your Non-Public Information, we implement reasonable contractual protections limiting the use of that Non-Public Information to the provision of services to Bau.
· We may be required to disclose Non-Public Information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. Additionally, we may share Non-Public Information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Service or using the Bau name, or to prevent imminent harm. This may include sharing Non-Public Information with other companies, lawyers, agents, government agencies or to any third party with your prior consent to do so. We may offer to provide services jointly with other companies on the Service, and we may share Non-Public Information with that company in connection with such offer or your use of that service.
· If we have a separate agreement with a company we believe to be your employer or company for whom we believe you work as a contractor (as determined in each case by your email domain), we may provide your User ID, email address and reservation activity to that company so that you may be included within an arrangement that we have with such company. We will notify you if we provide this information to a company and you may elect not to participate in any such arrangement by contacting us at [email protected] and stating that you do not wish to participate in such arrangement.
· When you use the Service, certain information you post or share with third parties (including other Users), such as comments, reviews or other information, may be shared with other Users in accordance with the privacy settings you select. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose confidential information in your Profile or when posting comments, reviews or other submissions, this information may become publicly available.
You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Linked In Open ID provider give you the option to post information about your activities on this web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Social Media Widgets
Third Party Advertising
Changing or Removing Information
Users may modify or delete their Profile information by logging into their account. Removed information may persist in backup copies but will not be generally available to other Users. Where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other Users (e.g., sending a message to another User) you generally cannot remove such communications from the Site.
Bau takes reasonable precautions to protect Users’ Non-Public Information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information, such as a credit card number on our order forms or transmit location data, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about security please contact us.
The data protection laws in the United States differ from those applicable in other countries, including the country in which you reside. By providing Bau with your personal information, you consent to the collection, transfer and processing of your personal information to and from the United States and agree that your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts or law enforcement in the United States according to the laws of the United States.
Bau, c/o Deskpass Corporation, 230 West Superior Street, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60654
You hereby agree to the terms and conditions contained in the present Agreement.